Friday, June 10, 2011

Camping. . . with a baby.

Let me start of by saying, yes, yes we are crazy. In our defense we were planning a family trip to California to visit my family, but it got side tracked by the hubby's new job and camping was really our only option for a mini-vacation. 
We are trying to make up for the lack of a big family vacation by participating at a lot of local events this summer. Lily Bear, and all the girls for that matter, were great fun while camping, however not so much that we are going to do this every weekend. We are not that crazy.
If you haven't guessed yet, ours is a blended family. Brian and I were married almost two years ago and we both had daughters to add to our family. 
Lily Bear is the link that joins us all together. 

Here is our first family vacation together back in 2006. We went to Mesa Verde and The Great Sand Dunes.
Mandatory family vacation picture.
They were a lot happier than they look. I swear.
My favorite picture of the whole trip.
Elle Bean made us carry a bucket and pail up the dune so she could  use it when she got to the top.

Here is last week's venture into Rocky Mountain National Park. 
Mandatory family vacation picture.
Teenagers putting up a tent, always good comedy.
Hiking in snow.
 I kind of forgot that spring has not quite hit the mountains yet.
It was very, very cold.
 Lily Bear keeping warm.
We are so lucky to live so close to such natural beauty.

We also visited Estes Park, ate Grandma's Mountain Cookies (best in the world) and watched the glass blowers at Glassworks Studio and Gallery.




All in all, a great weekend. 
Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question, I will try to respond via email. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email back.

If you want to reach me directly, please feel free to email me(howdoyoudothisagain@gmail.com).

Thank you so much for reading and following along.

Heather