Friday, May 13, 2011

Week #18 T-Shirt Tunic

Challenge: Make Something for the Teen with T's
Project: The Pieced Tunic


I don't know about you, but my teen (The Princess P) has way too many t-shirts. I really lucked out because her favorite place to shop is the resale store in town and compared to some of my friends' teens, I spend next to nothing on clothes. However, her pile of clothes (usually on the floor) is massive. She sorts occasionally, but she has a hard time giving up her favorite t's even when they don't really fit anymore. 


Solution: The Pieced Tunic


I bought the pattern from Ashley at Lil Blue Boo


Ashley is the reason that I started this obsession with up-cycling t's in the first place. My inability to get rid of any old knit clothes is all your fault Ashley!


Princess P and I picked out four shirts and we went to town.





The pattern is really easy and it has sizes XS to XL. P wants me to try and extend it to make a dress next. She loved the way it turned out (she was a lot happier than the sitting down picture shows, I swear) and wore it to school the next day. Apparently I got a lot of compliments on it (from actual teenagers!)


Lily Bear wanted to get in on this photo shoot too!


We already have several more tunics in the works. What a great way to use what we already have to make something new.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I wish my mother would make me one! Lucky girl. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of Ashley too. I can't wait to try the tunic pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely cute! I love the idea and am going to find time to try it.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question, I will try to respond via email. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email back.

If you want to reach me directly, please feel free to email me(howdoyoudothisagain@gmail.com).

Thank you so much for reading and following along.

Heather