Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh My: Yo Gabba Gabba Live

I have a dear friend Rebecca who I met through my days in theater, she was our costumer extraordinaire with many shows I worked on. This year she took an exciting opportunity and went on tour with Yo Gabba Gabba Live as their costumer. I had never heard of the show before so I watched an episode on Netflix with Lily Bear just to see what it was. . . my life has never been the same. It is Lily's favorite show. She has even come up with a sign (she is still not using a lot of words) to let us know that she wants to watch it. She gives the sign every time anyone picks up the remote control.
The show came through Colorado last night and Rebecca hooked us up with tickets and VIP passes to the after party. How awesome is that?
It was just me, Lily Bear and Elle Bean. Lily had no idea where we were going and in the beginning really just enjoyed eating the popcorn we bought. 
Taken with my cellphone.
Then the character's came out and you could see her mind trying to process how her TV friends were now on stage in front of her. 
Highlights of the evening:
Catching Elle Bean singing along to the songs.
The Fray coming out as the special guests to teach everyone the "Dancy Dance".
Meeting Brobee.
Lily Bear escaped and ran into someone else's picture to get one more hug!
(Brobee asked Rebecca if she could get copies of the pictures I took.) 

Story Time with DJ Lance Rock
Getting a picture with the actual DJ Lance Rock. 
I was really impressed with the fact that this live show had the actual actors from the television show. I was not expecting that at all. They made it so clear that the kids were extremely important to all of them. 

Funniest part of the evening: The two twenty-something hipsters sitting in front of us without any kids who came to rock out at the show. 
Rebecca told me the show's demographic is pre-schoolers and hipsters. Hilarious. 

Thank you Rebecca for the best night that Lily Bear has had in her 1 1/2 years so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question, I will try to respond via email. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your email, otherwise I won't be able to email back.

If you want to reach me directly, please feel free to email me(howdoyoudothisagain@gmail.com).

Thank you so much for reading and following along.

Heather